Friday, March 6

Fuck Responsibility, I Want to Dance Like a White Girl


Its Friday. The day is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s. Its 11 AM and beautiful outside.

Today is NOT a good day to be a grown up, thats for damn sure.

I want to be a kid again.

Care to Join Me??

I want to play Red Rover all day and Kick the Can all night.

I want to drink grape soda pop and then laugh until it comes out of my nose.

I want to eat a tuna sandwich with potato chips on it or put Doritos on a hamburger.

I want to walk barefoot in the gutters after a pouring rain, looking for earthworms.

I want to build a tree house...for girls only of course....
and then throw water balloons at all the boys.

I want a candy necklace...and a sticky neck. (You know what I mean.)

I want a gigantic pixie stick....a pure sugar shooter...and I want to savor it for hours.

I want to be the passenger, sitting backwards, on a banana seat bike,
flying down hills at the speed of light!

I want to make my own skateboard - from an old roller skate
(the kind you used to use a key with)....
and then roll down hills over and over, trying not to crash.

I want to play hop scotch, jumprope, and klackers (remember those?)

I want to do a few running swan dives off the high diving board.

I want to make homemade popcorn balls and homemade chex mix.

I want to have a slumber party and play truth or dare
and then call the radio station
and dedicate a song to someone I secretly like.


I want to play some Three Dog Night,
some Mamas and the Papas,
some Dr. Hook,
and some Neil Sedaka.....
I want to dance like a white girl
in my underwear
while singing into my hairbrush
and dreaming about
what I'll be like when I'm a grown up.


Fuck Responsibility people...
lets all play Hookie today and be kids again.

Sigh.




1 Snappy Comebacks:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks