Wednesday, March 11

Life's Little Fucking Pieces of Reality


This man is my son-in-law.
This photo was taken 3 months ago
On his 22nd birthday.

In less than 60 days

He will be in Afghanistan.

Between now and then, my daughter and son-in-law need to buy a home, move into it, write their wills, and make arrangments 'just in case,' amongst many other things.

My daughter will be giving birth to their second child in August. Her husband's tour of duty in Afghanistan will be a minimum of 10 months, so he will miss the majority of the pregnancy, the delivery and the first few months of his child's life.

US Marines give up alot to serve their country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I offer no humor in my 'humor blog' today.

I only ask that you think kindly of our soldiers and wish them well.

They Serve to Live

And Live to Serve.

~~~~~

Semper Fi

5 Snappy Comebacks:

Anonymous said...

It's always scary when they have to go away like that. I hope that he returns safely to see his children again. I will be thinking of him and your family.

Nooter said...

please tell him 'Thank You' for us.

Leon1234 said...

Hey, how are you doing? Hope all is well.

Ashley said...

Thank you to your Marine.

Anonymous said...

I have an retired marine for my son in-law so semper fi